True wireless earbuds are quite common in this tech era because of their ease and convenience. Many households with varieties of electronics allow you to pair with the Apple AirPods. To connect your AirPods with gaming consoles like Nintendo Switch and PlayStation is as easy as syncing AirPods into your Apple TV. Previously, the only way to connect a Bluetooth device to Nintendo Switch was with the help of a third-party dongle. But with the new update, it has become a lot easier.
Steps to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch
1. Before paring the AirPods with Nintendo Switch, you need to ensure that the Nintendo Switch is updated to the latest version.
2. Open the System Settings of the Nintendo Switch, which is present on the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Select the Bluetooth Audio on the Settings page.
4. On your AirPod case, long-press the Sync button with the lid open.
5. After a few seconds, the AirPods will appear on the list on the Nintendo Switch. If it did not appear, select Add Device.
6. It will search all the active Bluetooth devices. Through this, you can find the AirPods.
6. Select your AirPods from the menu and click OK. It will pair automatically.
7: If you want to disconnect the AirPods, go to the Bluetooth Audio menu and choose your AirPods. Click the Remove Device button.
How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch via Bluetooth Dongle
To connect your AirPods with Nintendo Switch through this method, you will need a Nintendo Switch, AirPods, AirPods case, and a third-party Bluetooth Adapter which is compatible with your console. Some manufacturers design the adapter explicitly for the Nintendo Switch, which you can find on Amazon and other shops. Some of the adapters are HomeSpot Bluetooth Transmitter, Ldex Nintendo Bluetooth Transmitter, and Gulikit Bluetooth Adapter.
1. Plug the Bluetooth Transmitter into the USB Port on your Nintendo Switch Console.
2. Then, place the AirPods into their case.
3. Long press the Pairing or Sync button behind the AirPods case to start the pairing process and press the designated paring button on the Bluetooth Transmitter simultaneously.
4. The LED light on the case will flash and stop once the device is paired.
How to Troubleshoot Problems with AirPods
If your Airpods aren’t working as you expected, there are a few things that you can try to fix the issue.
If the AirPods or AirPods Max is paired with too many devices, it may not pair with the console. To fix the issues, you need to reset the AirPods.
1. Put your AirPods in the charging case.
2. Long press the Sync button at the back of the case for at least 15 seconds.
4. The lights in the AirPods will flash in white color and in amber color. This indicates that the AirPods has reset to its factory defaults.
5. Then, pair your AirPods again with your console.
This is one of the common problems faced by all AirPods users. Sometimes, one of the earbuds won’t deliver the sound. To resolve this, ensure that both your earbuds are charged. Put both your earbuds on the charging case and wait for 30 minutes or until it is charged enough. After that, open the lid of your AirPod case and pair it again.
Low Volume is another option that will occur with both your earbuds and one of your earbuds. If one of your AirPods or AirPods Pro volume is low, there might be a cluster of dirt in it. Try to clean up the mess and ensure that you are not making your earbuds wet. Use a soft, dry, and lint-free cloth to clean up your earbuds. If both of your AirPods volumes are low, go to the Settings option on your iPhone or iPad. Choose the Accessibility option and click on Audio and Visual. Tap on Balance and confirm that it is not set to favor one AirPod versus the other.
If you constantly lose connection with your AirPods, then your firmware might be out of date. To resolve this issue, stay connected with your AirPods & iPhone and head to the Settings >> General >> About >> AirPods and check whether the version of your firmware is up to date.
Yes. You can use them in your Nintendo Switch OLED and Lite.
Yes, you can use your AirPods on Nintendo Switch to play games like Fortnite. But, only a limited game supports the AirPods.