The streaming app Netflix is available on each and every device, from your smartphone to streaming devices. You can install Netflix on LG Smart TV. The app will work seamlessly with given the ideal circumstances. But it will not be ideal all the time. Sometimes the Netflix app does not work normally due to various technical glitches. In some cases, the fault is maybe with the Netflix app and in some other cases, the problem is with the LG TV itself. If you have any sort of issues with the Netflix app on your LG Smart TV or the Netflix app is not working properly, here are all the solutions.
Almost the following fixes can be done by ourselves without any technical assistance. Some require customer care support. The fixes including troubleshooting like restart, update, connectivity check, and reset. Sometimes simply turning off and on your TV can fix your issues like hanging, freezing, or a blank screen.
Fixes for Netflix on LG Smart TV Not Working
Uninstall and Reinstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
You can uninstall and reinstall Netflix to make sure that the app works fine.
How to Uninstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
(1) First, launch your LG Smart TV and press the Home button.
(2) Select the Netflix app on the launch bar.
(3) Now, hover over the Netflix app icon until an arrow mark appears.
(4) Then, click on the X symbol.
(5) On the pop-up window, click OK to confirm the removal.
(6) Now, the Netflix app is successfully uninstalled from LG Smart TV.
How to Reinstall Netflix on LG Smart TV
(1) Press the Home or Start button on the LG TV remote.
(2) Select the LG Content Store from the Apps section.
(3) Now, search for the Netflix app.
(4) Then, click on the Install button.
(5) Now, launch the Netflix app and sign in to your account.
(6) Stream all the Netflix videos without any issues.
LG Smart TV Netflix app missing
No Netflix on LG Smart TV or Can’t Install the Netflix app
If you can’t find the Netflix app on the LG Apps section, then the app might be uninstalled. At first, try changing the device location.
(1) From your LG Smart TV home screen, navigate to the Settings.
(3) Select Location and set the correct location.
(4) Once the location is set, restart your LG Smart TV.
(5) Then, launch the Content Store and install the Netflix app on LG Smart TV.
If you can’t install the app or load anything, you should check the internet connectivity.
(1) Launch Settings on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Then, choose All Settings.
(3) Click on the Wired Connection and WiFi Connection.
(4) Now, check whether it shows Connected to the Internet. If not, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Netflix app keeps logging out
If the Netflix app keeps logging out, then the problem is the Netflix might have taken any attempt to protect your account. Or the Netflix app is signed in multiple devices in multiple locations so that the screen limit ends. In such cases, you can log out of the app by yourself and sign in again.
How to Logout of Netflix on LG Smart TV
If you see the Premium option: Select the Premium apps section from the home screen and choose Settings > Options > Deactivate Netflix.
If you see the Netcast option: Choose the NetCast option and select Setup. Now, choose Service Maintenance and choose Netflix Deactivate, then press the OK button.
If you see the Setup option: Select the Setup option and choose Network. Click on the Netflix app and choose Deactivate Netflix. Now, press Yes to confirm.
None of the above: Launch the Netflix app and click on Get Help, if not click on the Settings option. Now, choose Sign Out and press Yes.
Or launch the Netflix app and press the keys on the remote in the following order.
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
How to Sign in to Netflix on LG Smart TV
(1) First, launch the Netflix app from the home screen.
(2) Then, choose the Sign In option or click Yes on the Are you a member of Netflix.
(3) Enter your Netflix credentials and click Sign in. If an activation code appears on the visit Netflix activation website and complete the activation.
How to Change Profile on Netflix on LG Smart TV
If you are looking to change the Netflix account, you need to log out of the app and sign in again. But if you have multiple profiles per account, you should follow the below steps to switch profiles.
(1) Navigate to the Netflix app.
(2) Click on the Profile option.
(3) Now, click on the Profile you want to switch.
(4) Wait until the profile content loads on your LG Smart TV.
Netflix Volume too Low on LG Smart TV
If you can’t find audio, video, or the volume is too low, then try the following troubleshooting.
(1) Make sure that the LG Smart TV is not on mute.
(2) Increase the volume in the volume slider while playing video or increase the volume of your TV.
(3) Press the Mute button thrice and click on the AV Reset option.
(4) Now, the Audio and Video settings of your TV will reset to default options.
(5) After that, the Netflix app will function on normal volume.
Netflix Keeps Buffering on LG Smart TV
If the Netflix app on your LG Smart TV keeps buffering or hanging, try the following fixes.
Restart the TV
In order to restart the LG Smart TV, press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button for 12 seconds. Release the buttons only when you see the LG logo on the TV screen. Or press and hold the Power on/off button for three seconds until the TV turns off.
Update LG TV Firmware
Sometimes not updating the TV firmware can actually cause the issue.
(1) Open the Settings app on your LG Smart TV.
(2) Then, select Others.
(3) Click on the Software Update option.
(4) Now, click Confirm and Update. You can also check our guide on how to update LG Smart TV to its latest firmware edition.
Update the Netflix App
(1) Launch your LG Smart TV and go to the home screen.
(2) Click on the Apps and choose Select All.
(3) Now, select My Apps and select Netflix.
(4) Then, click on the Install All Updates option.
(5) Wait for the update to complete and install on your TV.
Factory Reset LG Smart TV
Take this as a last option as it will erase all your data and info on your TV. Sadly, you have to set your TV from first like when you did it for the first time you bought.
(1) Press the Home button.
(2) Now, choose the Settings option.
(3) Then, click on the Basic option and select Reset to Preliminary Settings.
(4) Now, enter your TV password.
(5) Then, complete the reset process.
There are various fixes for the Netflix app not working on LG Smart TV. If you are still having issues, even after all these solutions, tell us your specific issue in the comments section. We will give you an apt solution.